What are Schedules?
Schedule is one of the powerful automation tools available in Bigin and allows you to perform a customized action on a pre-planned time. You can construct a schedule by associating it with a user-defined and customizable function that allows you to execute the scheduled action at a particular time or on a recurring basis. User-defined functions enable the creation of unique scheduling situations that can be executed periodically based on your requirements.
For example, schedules allow you to synchronize your Bigin data periodically with third-party applications, other zoho apps, or your company website.
To create a schedule, on the developer console, go to Automate > Schedules.
This Schedules section contains the following:
- The Schedules tab displays the list of schedules created so far.
- The Failures tab displays the list of failed schedules.
- The + Create New Schedule button allows you to create a new schedule.
- The table displays the list of schedules based on selected tabs such as Schedules or Failures.
Manage Schedules Section
From the Schedules section, do the following:
- View the summary of a configured schedule.
- Change the status of a schedule.
- Run the schedule instantly.
- Edit or delete a schedule.
From the list of schedules, you can hover over a schedule to view the detailed summary of that schedule.
You can change the status of a schedule directly from the Schedules section. From the list view of schedules, on the schedule you want to change the status, turn the slider to activate or deactivate as needed.
You can run a schedule instantly from the Schedules section. From the list view of schedules, hover over the schedule you want to run, and then under Next Run, click Run Now. The schedule runs instantly and updates the Last Run status.
To edit a schedule, from the list of schedules, click the schedule you want to edit and then update the details as needed.
To delete a schedule, in the Schedules section, from the list of schedules, hover over the schedule you want to delete, and next to the name of the schedule, click the Delete icon.